Friday, February 5, 2016

Change
















Drenched with tears
Abide by something evil
Alone haunted by wicked souls
Running and struggling
For survival from own demons

Hope torn apart
Everyday piece by piece
Nothing left after the storm
Endeavor future ahead
Torn apart the loved ones
Drained until
the last drop of blood

And there I lay in the mud
seeped in my death and destruction
no hope for ever another day
bidding my time going by
with every breath, every curse
inching closer
to the infinite darkness

But as they closed in on me
the monstrous demons
eternal darkness all around
As the last vestiges
of the senses abandoned
the remnants of by bleeding heart
skipped a beat

No, it can't be
its not possible
and yet deep down within
I found I wanted it to be
The wicked demons
circling overhead
strong and mighty
and yet ever so slightly
shivering whispers
among them I sense

Unable to comprehend anymore
and with clenched teeth
a faint ripple in the distance
and also deep within
grew stronger with every breath
until nothing else came in

Searing pain and devastation
blinding light everywhere
preparing for the end
Is this my purgatory?
But then the glow softened
and warmth I felt again

The dreaded demons all vanquished
Wretched souls pulverized to bits
demented ghouls bound in the past
and the fragments relieved
into oblivion, never to be

In the darkness
amid the stench of the battle
among the wretched masses of sin
a single flower in the tempest
lay there weak and devoured,
but yet not lifeless
as tears seared my skin.

Someone leaned over in the madness
someone familiar but not akin
someone I used to know long ago
someone unnamed
powerless, yet herculean
somehow I felt within

A touch
and I remember
the power over all demons
the evil to be locked within
a touch
and now I see
all the memories and memoirs
of strawberries and happy times
a touch
and I can feel
the love we shared, the moments we made
the bittersweet hearts' desires
of broken dreams and lullabies.

And now I stand up and look around
the deepest truth in your eyes
the warm touch of your smile
the kinder memories of things to be
the sacred vows and what were we

We fall into our arms
the worst is now past, gone
reminded of a binding truce
a gasp of breath, a painful rue
And a smiling face on me and you
together we shall
always stay strong
forever & always
till the break of dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment