Thursday, July 20, 2017

Alive!!

-- In Memories of Chester Bennington


Mortality is so overrated
I think of leaving this world
Wrapped in despair
Some believe it’s cowardly to Quit
But it takes lot of will to bleed

Every time I hear those voices
Every time they scream into my ears
Every cell in my body freezes
And I keep deciding

Shall I bleed
Shall I choke
grasping for life
How I feel
What I feel
Is it worst
Than what I can do to myself.

My tears rolling down my cheek
Feels like earth slipped out of my feet
No Soul to turn to
No shoulder to lay and rest

So I decide this is my final day
And that moment is all it takes
So I decide I need to bleed
Let the bad blood drain
I search crazily
For an incentive
Something sharp
To cut through my vein
Give me rest
Forever from this fate

I picked a blade
Rusted and deteriorated
I push it through my skin
I cried I cried
Tears kept rolling
Pain too intense
My heart or my vein’s bleeding.
Gushing blood and pain intensifying

So I quit
Leaving only this wound
Later to turn into scar
A reminder 
how far I went
A reminder how weak I am

I chose to live again
I chose to give up to my physical pain
To breath again
Cowardly breath air
Cowardly breath live
And next moment am in my senses 
am in a fight
Fight to survive
My will completely broken
And am opening my door to the night

This was a week back
And today my life moves on
I hear about you suddenly 
Been long since you shared a song 
Didn’t know I will hear from you like this
You chose to quit
Quit on me, on us
You are gone, jus’ like that.

Leaving the world mute
Speechless without a word 
Stunt, shocked
and numb forever 

I will not hear you live
But your songs will still be undying
Your voice will echo
And you’ll remembered
by every broken soul
Mortality is so overrated
but you’re a legend
and you’re going be Alive.

2 comments:

  1. Incredible words. Chester will be missed and remembered for the rest of my life. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... He is a legend and he left a legacy with his words with his voice.

      Delete