Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Be My Guest...!! - I

Chapter One - Boarding The 3:15 Train















The isolation is
what I was looking for,
my peace of mind is
what I was looking for.
The journey to find
such place in the world,
I started without taking
any second thoughts.

The train left England
the land of the crowded soles
the land of opportunities
the land of moving on

I took the journey to Munich
to find my piece of salvation
to find little peace
to be with myself,
to discover my blocked soul.
The journey came to an end
after several tunnels
and rivers we passed on
It took me a day to realize
its not the place I can hide.

The people at the bar heard me
talking while I was inquiring
of the solitude in the abandoned scenes.
They asked me
if I really like to
fetch some adventure.
I shake my head
"No my dear fellas!!
I want to heal my soul
from the broken pain laid insida me...
Am a poet or I used to be one, there in England
But I can't write no more
beating my head everyday
I scarred my soul to drive my words
but I find nothing
I find only hollow
I find darkness lying insida me
I find someone calling me Empty!!"

The fellas at the bar stared at me
what I was saying
was beyond they could comprehend.
But one good man there raised his cup
told me to join him
to the journey of Romania
He said, "If you want to find the solitude
If you want to write the unwritten
you should go to the central Part of Romania
where still the histroy lives
with every sole deep within
It will help you rediscover
your words, your life.
My Friend the Count Dracula
very wise nobleman
will help you with his history
and will be happy to accommodate
for your stay on his grounds."

Sudden cold chilling silence
fell on the bar
The bar manager was frozen
with a terror on this pale face
I asked him whats wrong?
but without answering me
he crossed himself thrice
he crossed his finger towards me
the dismay on others
was also pretty strong
Strange that everybody left their glasses
and cups and food on the table
and left, leaving the bar alone
for me and the strange guy.
I asked the man
what happened to these people
He smiled and told me
to sleep early tonight
if I really want to rediscover my soul
I should come with him
to the land of history
to land of noblemen.
He also told me grabbing my hand
with his cold hands that he will be waiting
at 3:15AM at the station for me.
I was hesitating but some sense in me
was attracted to his offer.

I went to bed later that night
but I could'nt sleep
all my head was filled with his
words of history
and writing the unwritten.
why someone should do
something so good for a man.
Suddenly I wondered how long
and cold his hands were
his nails were sharp
and his smile was
that Judas in hell might be proud of.
It creeped me but I decided to go for it.
Maybe the Englishman in me
was taking the call for me.

I left my inn
while my innkeeper was sleeping
Ergo I left some money
at the table in my room.
I couldn't find any carriage
so I walked, I walked and walked
and when I was walking
It jus slipped my mind
where I was going.
When I came to my senses
I was standing in front of the station gate.
There was no one at the station
I couldn't even take a ticket
It was weird,
as if the whole of Munich was sleeping.

I climbed the stairs,
My heart was beating much faster.
When I reached the platform
I saw the strange but good man
I met at the bar, waiting for me
as he had promised.
He handed me my ticket.
It called the Train
from Munich to Romania at 3:15AM.
I looked at my watch
it was already 3:10AM.
I was excited, but also suspicious
I asked the man what's his name
as I have never asked him before.
He smiled again the same way
as his front teeth impressed on his lips
And he answered
"People call me Raymond, or Ray...
Am Raymond Miller. Pleased to meet you.
And very much appreciate that you came
Mr. Joseph Watson."
I was startled "How you know my name?
and everything you are doing for me,
why?
People don't do so good to another man
not without any intentions of self benefit.
So please clear my doubts, my dear fella
before I board this train."

He was natural at being a real gentleman
"Gladly!" he said and clarified further
"I have known you from London.
You used to write for 'The Fictional Times',
Am a businessman,
and I travel a lot for my business.
So I have been to London many times.
And every-time I buy your newspaper
jus' to enjoy what you write.
Am an admirer of your work.
But last time I went for my business tour
I bought the newspaper
and to my shock
saw some amateur taken your place.
With sorrow I went forward with my work and left London.
To my surprise, I found you all of a sudden
where I was enjoying my drink.
When I heard what you said
about your block of writing
I couldn't resist speaking to you,
and offer you what I had to offer.
My only intention is to read
and enjoy your beautiful words
and also I will appreciate it
if you can tell the history of my land to the world.
So Mr.Watson, am not helping you
but will you help me?"

I nodded with a smile
and nothing else was needed
to put his good heart
and intentions into words.
Meanwhile the train came,
I boarded holding his cold hand
and admiring Mr.Miller's warm nature.

--To Be Continued...

1 comment:

  1. Hey...

    Cant wait for the next chapter....
    Plz post this asap..

    :)
    Samay

    ReplyDelete