Sunday, November 22, 2020

Dear Husband




Dear husband
I am doing well,
Since you have been gone
I have found myself

I forgive you 
for treating me 
the way you've felt 
about yourself.

I am broken
I am bruised 
I crumpled  
In disdain

I'll build
I'll survive 
But I'll remember 
this pain

I loved you  
With my heart and soul
I trusted you
Even when you abandoned me
In darkness and trouble 

Instead of wiping my tears
you wiped my smile
My light is gone
And the spark in my eyes
I had lost my worth
Doubted my existence 
Still living 
Still breathing 

But darling I am not lost anymore 
I found another version of me
I didn't know 
I am capable of

A different person I am now
The girl who sees the world 
Not with rosy glasses
A girl who's built from ashes
And gonna take over the world

Dear husband 
Thanks for showing me 
how weak you are.
For telling me 
you're not good enough
While never making a try
to be the partner
I deserved,
In 12 years 
Of lifetime 

Still, I fought tooth and nail
For another last chance 
To finding something 
That never existed at all.

"Its too late 
for us to survive," you said
It's me and not you
that's the story you tell
Last, slither of hope
Vanished in thin air
Silence fell 
and not a thing to say anymore

Nothing to survive 
Nothing to salvage 
I paused for a moment
to mourn
But not for long
It hurt less now
Letting you go
Without a doubt 

My dear husband
You can blame it on me 
tell any story 
thats yours to believe 
I loved you once
Now I feel nothing

I don't hate you
I am not in dismay
I am moving ahead
And I dont care
If you exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment