Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Given Up


















Have you ever been there?
When I cried
Have you ever been there?
When I was lost in loneliness
Darkness haunts me
Drowning in dreads of my own nightmares
Directionless I am wonder
Caught in chaotic whirl 
Needing someone to light my way
Were you there ever?
When I needed you
When my life became meaningless
When my hopes meant nothing
When my dreams startled me
Turned into nightmares
With its ghastly bliss
And all I knew was how to complain
Blinded by my disappointments
And I learnt to hate myself
Were you there to love me?
When love was only thing
That could’ve saved me
Were you there?
Before I turned into a monster
Destroying everything
I ever held dear
Before I resented my reflection
feeling remorse for every bit of my past
Before I lost hope of future
Anything I imagined
Now left with haunting ruins
Were you there?
You weren’t ever
‘Coz if you were
I would’ve given up.

No comments:

Post a Comment