Sunday, March 12, 2017

The Last War























We are entering the darkness
Darkness behold our soul
Emotions all unwrapping
Jealousy, Rage and guilt

Faster we run
We're running out of road
Lost our direction
Let faith take control

Surviving in melancholy
And letting humanity go
Have we went beyond saving
Now Apocalypse rides the world

God has turned the other way
No one to look after our tainted soul
Burn you people
Hell break loose on earth

Devour thy fire
Destroy Thee ugly creation
Purify this beautiful world
to let it start encore

We humans have failed Thee
Lost ourselves in war, lust and lie
There is no savior to mend us again
An inevitable fate we've
jus' sooner after our denial

I welcome you with open arms 
Made my peace with
Riders of apocalypse
They gallop our road
and show us the way
They fix what we've broken
clean the chaos
shatter our vanity
fade us in smoke
Like we never exist.

First the plague came
Then people fought wars
Conquest by lust and rage
Until Starvation took over 
At last Death arrived
Cruising over his pale ride 
Saving each soul
Burying us under final trial.

I rose above the noise
Floating between ground and sky
Took a final sigh
Air so fresh, breeze so cold
At last in calm, No rage no guilt
Searching for that final piece
War accepted its peace.

So here I find mine
The moment am in between
Moment to envy
The world I lived in
"I am ready" I said to
My human soul
"forget you ever did exist."

No comments:

Post a Comment