Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Cries of My Reflection



As I look in the mirror
I don't recognise who you are
Are you someone I used to know
Or my reflection a moment ago

Forever you have been trapped
Under the plastic smile
Like nothing is real
Your eyes tell a story so different
Born from anguish
and suppressing pain behind. 

The scars you have
So visible so vivid
The pain you inflict
to make sense 
to feel real.

Every fragment of you is broken 
bit by bit
that last shred of your soul
seized to exist.

But with that plastered smile
You say everything is alright.
If only you wouldn't have existed
So much easier to vanish in time
Faded like a ghostly image
No footprint no sorrow to leave behind

I look at you, my dear reflection,
You stare back 
only with agony and grief in your eyes
Your doubts scream so loud
Unloved and abandoned
Why I deserved this?
You scream but no sound of your cries.

Hurt by my own afflictions
Not a stranger to pain
But still every moment aches 
with the same intensity every time.

What can I say,
When no word can define
So I silently stare at you
As I see my tears 
fall through your eyes.

We look at each other
Share our pain our fears
Then I see your lips curl up to smile
you bravely wipe my tears
deep breathe, and the mask to bear,
To be back in the world 
and to conceal what I feel
And who I am buried inside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment