Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Dear Ex-husband

I wouldn't curse you
I wouldn't blame you
I would never wish you anything 
But all the happiness you deserve.

I am putting all my effort 
into my today
All my effort 
to not collapse
All my effort 
to not feel like burning the world

I don't regret 
I keep telling myself
Even though sometimes 
It sounds like a lie 
Even to my ears

What a girl wants?
What I wanted
Safety!
Too much 
When we were married

A sham
My entire life 
Everything except
When you made me feel worthless
Deprived, unloved
Neglected 

No regret though 
You took away a part of me
Broke me 
Abandoned me 
in a drowning ship.
I am left buried
Pulling your debts
Paying with my life.

I still wish you well. 
I pray God bless you
To find love
And realize how I loved.

My wounds are bleeding 
And it will
For few more days 
or months or years
The part you stole from me
Never to heal again
That's what you wanted
Congratulations!
You won my darling 
Cheers to you
'Coz
What's the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment