Friday, December 31, 2010

The Lone Teardrop

Sometimes some touching words leave you with some happy and sad tears, so perfectly acquainted with your life that you left numb, how someone else felt exactly what you feel.
1 Jan 2009 we started to a path unknown and new, we started our journey and we started to walk together and decide to continue on this forever and always. Today's 31 Dec 2010, its been 2 years we had passed ups and downs, and still passing some li'l twist and turn in the drive of our life. Whilst continuing this journey, today morning I told him about my Grandpa and his last couple of days. And today on our 2nd Anniversary the beautiful and much precious gift he has gifted me. He gift me with a poem, a poem to my Grandpa, a poem that something I wanted to create but the words never whispered back. I was practically AWWed! By the words and feeling as if they are mine even if not being mine.
So first time am posting something not created by me or under the name of Outlines of Shades but brought to its existence, only and only by Sir Magnum with his honest emotion.

A Li'l Salute to my Grandpa
















Staring back at the blank plastered ceiling
waiting for, listening eagerly for whispers
of my last breath escaping
floating above all dear ones,
through the hospital roof
and into the eternal sunshine.
"Hold on just another day,
for your granddaughter's graduating today"
These lone whispered words
in the voice I so loved
of my soulmate, of my wife
wiping the long tear streaks
on her age-impressed cheeks
reverberated through my worldly demise.
I remember her still fresh life
memories of her sweet, buxom smile,
and her dear daughter, the star of our lives
still learning to navigate through life.
Ah! how quickly does time pass away
why it was just yesterday
when she paddled over to me on all fours
beaming with the brightest of smiles
prodding with her tiny little stubs
blabbering on in her eternal rhymes.
Remembering again, my life that has been
recapturing inside, the sounds and the sights
the moments and memories that I have acquired
I wish to carry along with me to the other side.
I look at them all once more through my hazy eyes
as a single lone tear slides silently but gently,
traversing its short life to the ear from the eye.


P.S : Its really lucky to have someone in life who understands every strand of emotion I feel. I wish today that I have it forever.

1 comment:

  1. I am honored that what I created touched you with so many strings... I hope I can always be there for you (and I mean in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete