Monday, April 22, 2013

Battle Field






















Black fumes every where
Ashes falling from the Heaven
am sitting right there
where battles played
and dead were lying.

The ripples with the storm
the fallen life left behind
to sit here I mourn
look around with shattered soul.

Several souls were buried
It was a lost battle
Whole world crumbled
for what? a lost cause.

The world ain't remember
the reason to play along
the merciless monstrous
the fight till death
for no reason.

Darkness haunts every soul,
With my own hand
I pull each sole.
The rotten and the ugly
the scattered and the lonely
I dig holes for every one
the one I knew
and the stranger I have never known.
No enemy I could see
my friend and he
every one painted with crimson
no monster, no companion
no leader I could predict.

Alas, it used to be so simple
jus' fight and die with glory,
With winning faces
we celebrated.
Women, drinks
and wild nights,
all fulfilled our trophies.
There was no wretched soul
no conscious mourns
for the lives lost.
I shredded blood,
of the strangers
their heads roll down
and I never bothered.
A brother, a son
or might be a father
Nothing to mourn
in my way to conquer world.

But right now,
am digging this hole
with grave heart I sob
tears roll down
and I can't stop.

Darkness haunts every soul
With my own hand
I pull each sole.
The rotten and the ugly
the scattered and the lonely
I dig holes for every one
the one I knew and
the stranger I have never known
no enemy I could see
my friend and he
every one painted with crimson
no monster, no companion
no leader I could predict.

A burning bush I throw
and all the dead consumed in fire
everyone burning along
no discrimnation
can be seen.
oh! Lord have mercy
Rest in peace
who have gone.

Mourning for those lost souls
I watched and wondered
why am alive?
Tears rolling why
I am, why I am
Who lives to sing this song.

Oh! Lord have mercy
Give this soul some rest
Reason for my breathing
is there something
still yet to be seen.
or something I haven't done
Why am alive, my Lord!
Why am only one to witness this.
What the purpose of my survival
What the purpose I didn't fulfill.

A monk was passing
suddenly caught a glimpse
He came to me
pointed at the river
"Once so pure was the water
crimson flowing with it
The river of blood so it will be called
come see your face
and what you've achieved."

I looked at my face
my red reflection haunts me
how scared I am
at my own self
What my children would see?

Peace I seek
is my motive
I understand now
why am standing with this
My life will be to spread the glory
"Buddham Saranam Gacchami"
My peace is now
on your feet.
My glory is now
on your feet.
Your peace will be remembered
Until and after The Ashoka lives.

LCO - "Life is all about fighting chain of battles all along, but the real war is to survive each battle."

1 comment:

  1. Nice articulation of the great war that changed an empire / an emperor and infact it was the last battle of Great Emperor Asoka...
    Immediately after his reign the great Maurya dynasty failed...
    But respect to great Asoka...

    I envisage is there anything that could change my life?? What is and after all what is LIFE CHANGING event..

    ReplyDelete