Saturday, November 4, 2017

Be My Guest - XV

For story until now Go To the END : 

                                                                                                Chapter Fifteen- Tamed Beast




Am paralyzed,
A moment felt like eternity,
Words echoing in my ears,
"Devil saved your life"

That night of terror
A few broken memories
I remember
Something that's haunting me
for so long
So many questions
wiggling unanswered.

"Tell me my good Lad,
What you remember of that night
The night you left your inn
you started your journey
lost in woods
lost and unseen."

I have no answer
I thought to myself
but words started pouring
right out of my lips

"I remember, it was raining
and I was running deep into the woods
I kept going
Kept going
but feet hurt my bones"
I tried to recall

"That's right my Lad,
what more...?"

"I don't know when did I reach
that graveyard
Now its snowing
and chills shrilling
with howling of wolves
maybe a dozen,
or a hundred of 'em"
I started panting
catching my breath I said

"I know am gonna die,
am sure of it
but then the scene went dark
as my vision disappear
I hear the howling getting closer
closer and more closer"

"Did you hear anything else?"
The count asked
"I hear horse or a carriage
I hear footsteps
then everything is blackness"
I rose from my chair
in shock and unrested

"You are precise my dear Lad,
You remember lot of pieces
than you thought."
the Count said with a grin
"Now let me put the puzzle together
for you."

"That night you remember,
in the graveyard,
it was snowing,
because you were lost in the woods
for two days and one night"
Count paused for a second
to let me soak in
"That night you fled the inn,
leaving your luggage behind,
you walked out of the door."

"Sweet Lady, the owner, the keeper
She saw you walking away,
so she sent for me
summoned me in worry
We looked for you.
We thought you went on a quest
of your own,
Unsure where we can look for you
in this thick forest."
he explained.

"You remember precisely,
The wolves howling,
they were chasing you
and you finally seek shelter
in a graveyard,
But these nasty creatures,
They can smell you from distance
And if they have your scent
they won't stop until
they have ripped you to pieces"

I was shivering,
reliving my worst dread again,
as he continued telling,
"But you were very lucky my Lad,
As those wild wolves have your scent,
My Devil here, also got your scent
from the luggage you left behind
And so he found you, 
jus' in the neck of the time.
And so here you are.
All safe and sound
without a scratch."

I kept staring at the wolf
that saved my life
suddenly his monstrous persona
made so naive and kind.
The count loosed his lease
and asked him to walk to me
So huge, so powerful,
yet so loyal and amiable
I wonder.
He no more felt like a peril
or like a wolf who's hunting,
rather a trustworthy dog
a friend and company in the big castle
so I patted him and hugged him
for all I knew,
he is a companion I can fully trust.

Count smiled at us
"I told you will bond" he said,
"He can live with you
as long as you're here,
I know it gets lonely here,
big castle
and the night are the most darkest
Believe me he will keep you safe
He will die before anything cause you harm"

I kept brushing him, and said
"Thank you, I can sleep well now."

Until Now in Be My Guest :

No comments:

Post a Comment