Sunday, May 17, 2020

Slipping Away!!



A lingering darkness
hungover at every step
a daunting feeling
of slipping away
into the darkness

I wish I was numb
to feel nothing at all
why every feeling
is so intense
heighten every emotion
to consume me in.

Paused into a moment
living it again and again
escaping the reality
I wish I slipped away

Crashing under
my own anguish
accepting the pain
to feel it, all over again

Dark they call me,
but what else,
I've left to give.
Curse of my minuscule,
miserable existence
can I jus'
call it a quit

Well, there it is again,
A moment of sweetness
only to dread losing it
"Oh no!! my darling,
you won't fight for me
And it will fade
like something
in a distant memory".

There is no way for me,
to start another ending
something whispers,
this is it, for me.

I see my last moment,
a life spent in despair
accepting all the loss
a minute to gather my thoughts,
stuck there in that second
waiting for the final call.

Sand between my toes,
I could almost feel it
a bit cold and a little wet
I sigh, I am at peace.

Sound of waves
and music of birds
can't believe I deserve this
leaving everything behind
I keep looking
at the beauty in front of me

Alone sitting on that beach,
as the waves call me in
no one by my side
and no one to remember me

Maybe that's how its suppose to be
warmth of the Sun,
on my skin
as the water hugs me in

I give myself
to that last feeling
submerged under
and not regretting.

No comments:

Post a Comment