Monday, February 10, 2014

Consumed by You
















Empty darkness
Consuming my soul
With haunted hollows
am numb with cold
Paused with my
Paralyzed thoughts
Can't move
an inch ahead

Slipping away
am drifting apart
future seems so lost
I have gone too far
you're distant further
Can't reach you now.

Am down with chills
With your coldness of heart
Where is moment of first love
where is that first kiss
that sudden rush
beating heart so fast
catching my breath
I could finally utter,
"I am in love,
am in love"

Excited to see you everyday
long walk on beach
praying the day never end
in the dark
lost in thoughts of you
holding hands
together forever was true

The memories shattered
each single one at a time
little by little
we drifted further
what made us stand here
where I see no future
why life is darkened
why we are here.

What if I could have walked away
the very day you discarded me
why not the next time,
when my hopes crushed hopelessly
you chose someone else over me
why not time after that
or the next or the next
why there was always another time.

You moved on
but I stuck in
couldn't let go
the faith I believed in.
Life could've been different
if I had chosen differently.
How our life could have been
if you never have met me.

No comments:

Post a Comment