Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I Do but I Don't
















Its almost midnight,
there is no knock at my door.
Alone again,
as the night growing cold.
Sometimes all it takes
a little gesture
to turn around everything.
Sometimes everything shatters
as clutched in silence.

Is that what we call a bond,
well that's how four years jumped
and today we stand
in our  separate lives.

Am glad
this is the start
of a new tradition,
am glad
we have known this
before moving forward
before another disappointment
before another year
pouring down more misery

We walk alone now
move ahead to separate paths
no turning back
nothing left between us.
I have played enough
the games of blames
and leaving tormenting stains
Remember the vows?
Oh! we never actually
took 'em

A promise
to stuck by
for better or for worse
but every time
with passing years
its only getting worse

Now its time for you
For you to walk away
without a word
done with your text
jus' enough
to mend
or to break up.

But today
its gonna be different
before you leave again
let me tell you this
without a pause,
its over, its over,
and no path left
to lead you back
to lead you to me
or find our home.

The vows have failed
the bond broken
with heart shattered
bleeding crimson tears.

Four years ago
I said I do
but not today
not today.
I hoped I do
but I don't
not today
not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment