Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A Broken Friend



Do you consider me a friend?
I could, I would have
But before I even...
you showed me the pieces
of your darkness
and how broken you are

I know what you mean
After such a long time
I thought I could finally have someone
Someone to talk to
when I need to scroll through my contacts
but before we could bond
I told you how insecure I am
How my anger and hurt has damaged me
how broken I am

"I don't judge," you said
you couldn't look into my eyes anymore
or I jus' disgusted you so much
But obviously, you said it
because there is something to judge

Spilling your heart when you're drunk
then remember nothing
but the broken pieces of conversation
dreading shame of reminders,
punch in the guts,
and question rotating in circles
why did I say that
Why I always go back to that
the guilt remains
and pleasure of buzz disappears

I felt like I made a friend
But friendship is two-way lane
I couldn't hold my feelings
You consoled me
everything is okay
But I didn't give you a chance
to say your piece if you had

Am not a good listener
and I am selfish
I showed you, my soul
and my monstrosity
You've been kind to me
but I don't deserve it.

You are an Angel,
I wish you a lifetime of joy.
If you need me,
you know where to find me
I would be here alone
brooding for damaging
our friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment