Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Pay it Forward
















Yesterday, I helped a woman.
She was choking and coughing brutally.
Her eyes were filled with tears
she was suffocated breathlessly

She got a son
and a husband
sitting next to her with no response
no water on her table
in the restaurant.

I was sitting few tables away from her
I was about to get up and take my water
My mom stopped me,
she said,"No"
Its not that she doesn't want me to help
she was scared if something bad happens
they would blame it on us

Yes, world has turned that way
you rise to help someone
and you think twice, thrice
and maybe four times

My mother taught me a lesson
feel for everyone and reach out to help
but today the world is different
and many point of views are in place

I called my husband
asked the waiter
to immediately give her some water
Her son seem to help her
with her inhaler
and her husband had still no response

Thank god! the waiter reached her table
with three glasses of water
soon she was in relief
after drinking that heaven water.

Well, nothing much we did yesterday
for her
But when I passed by
she held my hand and smile
she said, "Thank you so much"
I was jus awkward and replied,
"It was my duty"

We didn't even catch her name
neither she knows us
but that moment was humanely
and I found peace in my heart
a fuzzy feeling i didn't understand
but bet you it was a great
feeling you can't imagine.


What we did yesterday
was nothing for her
We jus' been human
and we felt for her
Its what human do
and should do
not thinking twice, thrice
or maybe four times
What has become of the world
Why can't we help each other
not thinking of the danger
not thinking of the blaming
we may face
or get tangled

What has become of the world?

Today when I am here
and am writing this
I wish I could have told her this
"Don't say Thanks to me,
It was my duty
Jus' be humane to someone in need
pay it forward in small or big gifts."

No comments:

Post a Comment