Sunday, March 17, 2019

Buried under Crimson water




A sudden jerk
and woke up from the dreadful sleep
I left panting
is this only thing I am left to feel

The pain the agony
keeping my head real
It's real
and not a dream

Standing over my lifeless corpse
drowned under crimson water
tub overflowing
and soaked with blood
down to one last breathe
and one last thought

Did I even exist
Would I be remembered
I stepped into the darkness
Vanished like smoke disappears

All I needed is
this pain to stop
the blackness consuming me
am fading into nothing

Where is the light
a dot of hope, at last,
all I needed was someone to love
someone to care
someone to be there

In that last moment
as I waited
I watched myself drown
in my own blood
buried under crimson water
hopeless, alone and given up.

No comments:

Post a Comment