Monday, June 1, 2020

Variant on Canvas




Every move is a prudent chase, as she swirls her glass of little wine, so focused on the dark shade embracing the transparent walls, dancing in circles. Our eyes met for a moment and my heart skipped a beat, like it’s the longest moment I've been submerged into ocean blue eyes, without a word to utter. 

She pulls her focus to the potion avoiding the distraction in front of her, and slowly closed her eyes to breathe in the aroma of exquisite Merlot. As my eyes fell on her lips, I envied the first drops of wine, which touched those blossomed red lips, as awing fulfillment captivated her expression. A low irresistible sound of moan escaped her lips, only for her to quickly snap back to the reality. Blushing with embarrassment, she poised back to her controlled demeanor, "C'est parfait. Cher monsieur," she said with a smiled at our server. I nodded at the man, to fill my glass with this pure pleasure of gratification, which clearly was magic.

I wondered how this little sip of Merlot could take control of our composer and unfold an exploding fantasies of closeness, as a moment which was barely seconds, lasted a blissful finality of pure contentment.

"We'll have your best Steak," I said as I noticed the man patiently waiting for our order.

"And after I'll get Clafoutis, complémentaire pour belle dame." the old man smiled at her and left the table.

Minutes passed as none of us, say a word. Helplessly my glances met hers, only to blink away awkwardly.

"How long will you be in the town?" I gather up my courage and said, clearing my throat and hiding my face as I casually sip the wine.

"As long as it takes me to finish my book." She said with a gentle smile, "What about you?"

"My exhibition will last two more weeks," I utter with a doubt in my voice. 

"So, you are leaving in two weeks?"

"I don't have my next exhibition planned until another month, so mayn't."

"Planning to venture the city?" she curiously asked.

"I've been in Paris many times." I pour myself in her eyes as I said, "I might like to venture the company"

She smiled and looked down flattening the crease over her napkin.

As the food arrived, we talked about her book and my art, it was evident that we were living the same fantasy but in different mediums. I used brush and colors, and she used words, both of us painting exactly same picture together but on different canvases.

Is it possible to feel all spectrum of emotions in one evening, I wondered as we walked down the streets of Paris in that pleasant September evening. Long silence fell between us, and both of us jus' let our feelings sink in. I never would have imagined, how without uttering a word, I would still be able to hear her thoughts, and feel everything she felt. Pretending to casually brush each other’s hands, only to let the anticipation take the better of us, would I be gallant enough to consciously step in and take her hand in mine.

Something as easy as this is suddenly so abstruse. When something means so much as right now, the anxiety mixed with adrenaline, stream through the veins like obsidian burning with desire. Did my mind ever wander between figment of mirage and reality, I can't help but stare at her flawless beauty and stuck by the perfection she is at every sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment