Friday, March 29, 2013

A Dragon's Fire

A friend suggested me
a couple of days back.
Holding my hand
trying to rescue 
my depressed heart,
“Don't let the fire
inside you,
burn you down.
Don't let the pain
keep hurting you
all the time.
Let your fire out
burn like a torch
enlighten the path
to the one who are lost,
or burn that forest
with your anger
and frustration.
Still if its not out
burn me
to purify my soul.
Shine like gold,
shine like gold
oh! my friend
don't let your fire
burn you down
Don't swallow the pain
with mourning sound.”

I could only smile
Adios Amigo
I wave to leave
goodbye.

I turned and talked to myself,
“How he would know
about my story
the life I live in
and the sorrows I have been.
Am a dragon
all my life.
Breathing the fire
forever inside.
If I let it out
it would consume
everything around.
Will tear down the planet
and finish every loving sound.
So I swallow
I swallow
all the pains I have
am used to being in this agony
suffer myself all my life
fire always be on
'coz that my life defines.”

They called me the poetess
of darkness
my emotions of pain
pour in sadness
I am no Lady, no princess.
But a Dragon
with burnt heart.
I mourn at my soul
there will be no melody to hold
the screams are my music
and silence is my sole.
This is my future and my past
there will be no change
never I can be whole.

I take turns
I try to run
But before my wound
could heal
the dragon slayer
seize me to slaughter
and once again
I have fallen
with new wounds
with me.
That pit of darkness
with no voice to scream
the tears roll down
in the cold night
my only warm thing.
I cling on to 'em
at least they never deceived.

What can be said
for a dragon's life in hell
who breathes but
I can't let that fire out
for there is too much to stake.
So I swallow,
I choose to swallow,
I swallow my agony
and my tears
the fire can be furious
but only inside.
Let it burn me
but only inside.

That's my story
my friend.
There will be another reason
there will be a different slayer
but it will be the same end
for every story
I have in my life.
I will burn inside
I will burn inside.
Let my fire be furious
but only inside.
Let it burn me
but only inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment